9.19.2001

A question: How many of you have vomitted on yourselves while driving?
SUBQUESTION: If not on yourselves perhaps in a plastic bag or on the floor, the passenger seat perhaps?

I have vomitted whist driving numerous times. Mainly into a plastic bag I almost always kept next to me for these purposes. Once I did not have a plastic bag. I was 20 miles from my parents house, this was 3 years ago and I was staying with them for a while. I had to drive 20 miles covered in my own vomit. Speeding of course and dreading a cop puulling me over. It is hard to convince an officer you have not been drinking when you are covered in your own vomit and so embarrassed you are almost crying. I was not pulled over and finally made it to my parents house. I parked the car and was in such a hurry I left it in gear and forgot to pull the emergency break. As the car began rolling backwards the door was still open. The door hit the rear tail-light on my neighbors car, breaking that, and messed up the paint. I stopped the car and went inside to tell my parents what had happened. They of course began yelling at me for my "stupidity". My Dad and I then had to go over and tell my neighbor what had happened (minus the vomit part-thankfully) and he said he would go get an estimate for the damages and we would pay for it. The damages were almost $300. I was broke at the time and my parents had to pay for it. It was not a good time.

I almost got sick while driving just a little while ago. I made sure I didn't. I can't afford to mess up someone else's car. In retrospect I should have gone to my neighbors door covered in my own vomit. I could have told him what happened and then vomitted on him as well. It could have set up a chain reaction like in "Stand By Me" (Remember the overweight kid at the pie-eating contest.). I will go and sit down now. Don't get sick while driving folks. It can cost you more than a new shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home